Law Grad from San Beda tops Bar exams
A student from San Beda College Manila topped the 2014 Bar Examinations
Irene Mae B. Alcobilla only hoped to be able to pass the examinations, but got a grade of 85.50 percent, posted the highest grade out of 1,126 examinees who were able to pass the examinations.
The total number of students who took the exams was 5,984. Last year, a record of 1,174 examinees passed the exams.
Supreme Court Bar Examinations Committee chairman Associate Justice Diosdado Peralta announced that the passing grade for the 2014 Bar exams was lowered from 75% to 73%. The passing grade in 2013 was also lowered to 73%.
The list of Bar placers are the following:
2. Christian A. Drilon (Ateneo De Manila University) — 85.45%
3. Sandra Mae T. Magalang (University of the Philippines) — 84.60%
4. Mark Leo P. Bejemino (University of the Philippines) — 84.55%
Gil E. Garcia (Ateneo De Davao University) — 84.55%
Reginald L. Laco (De La Salle Lipa) — 84.55%
5. Michelle D. Liao (University of Cebu) — 84.50%
6. Jose Angelo A. David (San Beda College-Manila) — 84.45%
7. Adrian F. Aumentado (San Beda College-Manila) — 84.35%
8. Rhey David S. Daway (University of the Philippines) — 84.20%
Fideliz Cardellie B. Diaz (Far Eastern University-DLSU) — 84.20%
9. Jamie Liz. F. Yu (University of the Philippines) — 84.00%
10. Tristan Matthew T. Delgado (Ateneo De Manila University) — 83.95%